I enjoy investing time into reading books suggested by others! Send over anything interesting you'd like to share.
The easiest way to get in touch with me is via IRC; I am almost always on if I’m at a computer. If you email me, I will do my best to get back to you on the same day.
- on IRC my freenode nick is intrigue
- email jon at cosmisco dot com
- CopyDB - proprietary - Solution for copying vendor-specific databases from production to staging/test/devl. Relicenses software, deactivates production-only systems, secures protected health information and updates system preferences to point to appropriate environment.
- Mandelbrot and Julia Set Explorer: Explore Fractals! (Coffeescript)
- Image Edger: Image manipulation tool (perl)
- CipherKnight: RC4 Encryption Implementation (Python/C)
- DeadSwitch: Hash-based deadman's switch (python)
- Penney's Game: Game of chance (c++11)
- ShrubFury: IRC robot (python)
- Turn a wireless trackball into a wired trackball
- USGS Earthquake Information System (python)
- Backup A simple backup script that I make use of (bash).
re: Rube Golberg machine.
[19:20:26] <intrigue> so im thinking, JS in a browser interprets user input, sends a call in the form of an exception [ravenjs]. server catches that and writes to a file, which a binary application monitors and executes on, responding by way of unix socket to the server which blinks a div at a few hundred kbps to communicate the reply.
[19:20:59] <intrigue> I i'll call it... "Random IRC Topic Generator"